Protect your business from fraudulent checks and unauthorized ACH transactions.
Positive Pay matches the account number, check number, and dollar amount of each check presented for payment against a list of checks previously authorized and issued by your company. All three elements of the check must match exactly or it will not clear, thus helping your company avoid paying fraudulent checks and save time by avoiding the hassles of trying to recover funds.
How it works:
- User uploads a file that lists the check number, account number, issue date, payee name, and dollar amount for each check issued to Lewiston State Bank each day checks are written.
- When those issued checks are presented for payment at the bank, they are compared electronically against the list of transmitted checks.
- When a check is presented that does not have a match in the file, it becomes an "exception item."
- Exception items are listed online for you to approve or deny, allowing you to evaluate whether the excepted item should be declined, or if it is an authorized check to be paid.
Lewiston State Bank can help you minimize risk of unauthorized electronic transactions on your business accounts with ACH Positive Pay. This secure and powerful online tool gives your business fraud protection to help you monitor and control ACH activity. ACH Positive Pay from Lewiston State Bank allows you to view and make decisions to accept or reject ACH items before they post to your account(s).
How it works:
- Business customers only.
- Service managed through online business banking
- Requires users to view ACH transactions each day in online business banking and decide whether to accept or return listed items.
- ACH transactions must be reviewed by 11:00 AM (mountain time).
Positive Pay is available for a small monthly fee. To apply or for additional details regarding ACH Positive Pay from Lewiston State Bank, please contact our Treasury Management Team at 1-800-233-6510.