Your privacy, security and personal information is one of our top priority
Card Security Tips
Tips to Protect Your Bank Card:
- Sign it as soon as you receive it using a ballpoint pen.
- Don't give your card to anyone else, including your friends or family.
- Treat your card as if it were cash. Do not leave it unattended anywhere.
- Remember to retrieve your card whenever you use it to make a purchase or make a transaction at an ATM.
- Destroy your expired card by cutting it into several pieces and disposing of the pieces securely.
- Enroll your Lewiston State Bank VISA® debit card for smsGuardian™ activity text alert service.*
To Protect Your PIN:
- Memorize your PIN and keep any record of your PIN separate from your card.
- Never tell anyone your PIN or other codes, including friends, family or merchants.
- Notify us immediately if your PIN mailer has not been received intact, or if any change has taken place without being requested.
- Change your PIN routinely.
- If you select your own PIN, do not select a number that can be easily guessed (such as part of the data imprinted on your card, a previously selected PIN, consecutive numbers, one number repeated or numbers which form a pattern) or that can be easily associated with you, such as your date of birth, telephone number, driver's license number, etc.
- Never use an ATM or merchant point-of-sale system that does not look genuine, has been modified, has a suspicious device attached to it or is operating in a suspicious manner.
- Make sure no one watches you enter your PIN at an ATM or when making a purchase.
- For both your card and personal security, avoid using ATMs in poorly lit areas.
- Whenever possible, try working with businesses you know you can trust, especially when you're giving out your details over the phone or on the Internet.
Read more about security on our blog.
*Message and Data Rates may apply from your wireless carrier. The anti-fraud alert service is free. To view the Terms and Conditions of this program, please log into the smsGuardian website for information. After initial sign-up to this service, you may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word "STOP" in reply to a Guardian Alert. Visit the smsGuardian website if you wish to unsubscribe entirely from this service after initial sign-up. Please be advised that these alerts do not replace regular personal monitoring of your accounts. If you ever suspect that a transaction may be fraudulent, please contact our Call Center immediately at 1-800-815-BANK (2265).
smsGuardian is a trademark of JHA Payment Processing Solutions, Inc.
VISA® is a federally registered trademark of Visa.